For the purpose of the applicable data protection legislation, the data controller is Baker Brothers 11-13 St.Peters Street, Bedford MK40 2PN
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. The policy below helps you to understand how we use and protect any personal information that you give us when you use this Website, or visit any of our stores. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our customer services department by email at [email protected] or by telephone 01234 352343
We may collect the following information:
- account registration information including your name, telephone number, postal address and email address;
- billing information, transaction and credit card information (should you make a purchase with us);
- Remember what is in your shopping basket
- Remember where you are in the order process
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products and contact preferences in order to provide you with further correspondence about our products and services.
THE INFORMATION COLLECTED – HOW DO WE USE IT?
To help us provide a better service, and:
- to improve our products and services;
- internal record keeping;
- to communicate with you by email, telephone or post if you have ordered or purchased products from us, either regarding the order or purchase or other matters regarding transactions between us or your customer relationship with us;
- if you have purchased a product or requested a catalogue from us, you will be placed on the Baker Brothers mailing list and will receive periodic mailings by post from us (if you do not wish to receive a catalogue and/or periodic mailings by post please contact our customer services department by email at [email protected] or by telephone 01234 352343 and we will remove you from our mailing list);
- to contact you by email, telephone, SMS, MMS or post according to your preferences, in order to share information with you about our products, services and events that may be of interest to you;
DIRECT MARKETING COMMUNICATION:
We sometimes like to contact you about new products, promotions, special offers and other information which we think you may find interesting. Where you have consented to us doing so, we may send you such information by postal mail and telephone. If you purchase a product from us we may retain your address for future mailings. If you do not want your information used for direct marketing purposes at any time, please contact our customer services department by email [email protected] or by telephone 01234 352343.
If you are a customer or you have previously asked us for information on our products we may occasionally use email to communicate new products or offers.
However, we appreciate that email “spam” has become a problem in recent years and if you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us, please click on the unsubscribe link in the email. Alternatively, you may at any time contact our customer services department [email protected] or by telephone 01234 352343.
WHO DO WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH?
We will not transfer or disclose your personal information to any third parties.
HOW TO GET COPIES OF OR AMEND THE INFORMATION WE HAVE COLLECTED?
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the applicable data protection legislation. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our customer services department at Baker Brothers 11-13 St.Peters Street, Bedford MK40 2PN.
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, or you wish to have your details removed from our contact database please write to our customer services department Baker Brothers 11-13 St.Peters Street, Bedford MK40 2PN.
SECURITY AND STORAGE
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on line. We use industry standard encryption technologies when collecting or transferring customer credit card information exchanged with our Website server. All other information transfer is conducted through a secure phone line.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
- Record your session information (such as the particular Products you purchase from our Website);
- Record your specific information on the web pages you select to view; and
- Retain your answer to our question regarding residency.
You can, should you choose, disable the cookies from your browser and delete all cookies currently stored on your computer. On Microsoft Internet Explorer, this can be done by selecting “Tools/Internet Options” and reviewing your privacy settings or selecting “delete cookies”. However please note that this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. No information obtained from cookies from which individual customers can be identified will be used by us for marketing purposes.
We may link to other websites which are not within our control. When we do this, we will try and make it as clear as possible that you are leaving our Website. We are not responsible for these websites in any way. Once you have left our Website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.