We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. The policy below helps you to understand how we use and protect any personal information that you provide us with or when you use this Website, or visit any of our stores.
Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and we promise never to release your personal details to any outside company for mailing or marketing purposes.
- All such information is held on secure servers.
- We comply fully with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation, and we'll treat all your personal information as fully confidential.
The exception to this is occasionally we may securely use a fulfilment company to deliver our annual mailshots. This information is deleted by them as soon as the publication has been delivered.
Reputable third-party banking (including PayPal) and distribution institutions handle our credit card transactions and order fulfilment.
- They receive information needed to verify and authorise your payment card and to process your order
- All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private
WHO ARE WE:
We are Baker Bros Jewellers Ltd, a company registered in England. Company number 2163786. Our registered office is Verulam Point, Station Way, St Albans, Hertfordshire AL1 5HE.
We operate this website, the homepage of which can be found at www.bakerbrothersdiamonds.com. We are committed to ensuring that all personal information we hold is treated properly and in accordance with Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Data Controller by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 01234 352343
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT:
We may collect personal information about you in various ways, such as when you provide in our store, purchases you make, and/on our website, at our events, through surveys, or on the telephone. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other telephone number);
- Username. The password to your account is not stored by Baker Bros Jewellers, it is uniquely created by Magento (E-commerce platform). If the password needs re-setting, Baker Bros Jewellers cannot override this, Magento will re-generate a new password if the customer requests a password reset.
- payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code, delivery address, and billing address); to allow us to process your order and inform you of your order status. This is also stored by Magento.
- purchase and transaction information;
- customer service information (such as customer service enquiries, comments, and repair history);
- photographs, of purchases/items for repairs and valuations;
- information we may obtain from our third-party service providers.
Our in-house database for sales and repairs will retain your information for a period of up to fifteen years. However on some occasions it may be less than fifteen. If you wish to request that we no longer retain the information , please contact us at email@example.com
COOKIES ON THE WEBSITE:
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service which sets a cookie in order for us understand how visitors are using our site. Google Analytics collects the information anonymously and we use this information to help us improve our website.
Cookies are small text files used by websites to log information and enable certain functionality. Cookies are completely harmless and anonymous, so will never hold any personal or confidential information about you.
Some of the cookies we use are essential to make the website work properly and enable you to shop online. Without these your experience of our website would be very restricted.
Within the Rolex section of our website, some cookies are inserted by Rolex. However, Rolex do not collect or store any personal data, either in the cookies or within their systems. They are used to enhance the user experience of the site.
If you wish to disable these cookies you can opt-out using the below link
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to administer and monitor our Website, to improve our Website and to help you use the Website;
- to personalise our Website to you and the things you may like, dislike or be interested in;
- to ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. We will use the information you provide to us to personalise these communications to you and particular things you may like, dislike or be interested in;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our goods and / or services;
- to process your payments for goods and services purchased;
- to keep records of purchases, sales or other transactions for the purpose of ensuring that the requisite payments and deliveries are made or services provided in respect of those transactions, and to make financial or management forecasts to assist us in conducting our business activities (we don’t hold or take any payment details, this is all undertaken by a 3rd party payment gateway);
- to allow us to contact you in relation to campaigns and promotions and to monitor the success of such campaigns and promotions where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow us to contact you in relation to competitions and prize draws, to process your entry to our competitions/prize draws and to fulfil our obligation under the competition/ prize draw terms and conditions;
- Registration of a purchased product
- for the purpose of advertising or marketing our business, our goods and services and promoting our public relations in connection with our business, goods and services;
- to carry out analysis of sales processed through the Website and specific products which have been frequently viewed on the Website for marketing and business development purposes;
- to respond to any questions, suggestions or complaints you have raised with us or any social media posts or comments you make where these are made direct to us or in the public domain; and
- to carry out administrative tasks and research and statistical analysis in relation to customer surveys and research.
- verify your identity;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
In addition, we use information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our websites and apps, (ii) delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our websites and apps, and (iii) managing our websites, apps and other aspects of our business. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting information using cookies or similar automated means.
We may use third-party analytics services on our websites and apps, such as those of Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyse your use of our websites and apps. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the website or app. To learn more about these analytics services and how to opt out, please visit the relevant websites listed here:
- Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
- Adobe Analytics: http://www.adobe.com/privacy/analytics.html#1
WHAT MARKETING INFORMATION WILL YOU RECEIVE:
If you opt in: Electronic Communication – Emails informing you of what’s happening, events, new products, brand marketing, service reminiders.
Postal: An annual magazine showcasing the products and stories of Baker Bros Jewellers and the brands.
Occasional invites to events.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION:
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
RETENTION OF DATA:
For the website, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you with services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Emails to customers, who have opted in via the sign up, shall be stored until the user requests to be unsubscribed. Please unsubscribe by contacting us at email@example.com
We will retain your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
HOW TO ACCESS THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU:
You have the right to request a copy of personal information that we hold about you. To do this, simply write to Data Controller, Baker Bros Jewellers Ltd, 11-13 St.Peters Street, Bedford MK40 2PN. We will provide this information to you with one month.
If multiple copies or repetitive requests are made, we may apply a small administration fee.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will thereafter correct any information found to be incorrect. You can find detailed information about your rights under the Data Protection legislation on the UK Information Commissioner's website: www.ico.org.uk
You have every right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. Alternatively, simply contact us by our email email@example.com, with no hard feelings.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. For example: a link from a blog page.
What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us via Mrs E McAuley firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO CONTACT US:
If you need to contact us for any reason regarding this policy, including the collection and / or use of your personal data, or as otherwise indicated in any section of this policy, our contact details are as follows:
E.McAuley, Data Controller, Baker Bros Jewellers Ltd, 11-13 St.Peters Street, Bedford
Tel: 01234 352343 Email: email@example.com
USERS AGED 16 OR UNDER:
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to Baker Bros Jewellers Ltd website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.